An overview on app creation in Quixy
Creating an application in Quixy is a 6 step process, the steps are as given below.
Step 1 (Name): Naming the application.
Step 2 (Form Builder): Build the UI of the application using simple drag-and-drop method.
Step 3 (Workflow): Design the process flow of the application.
Step 4 (Business Rules): Define the business logic.
Step 5 (Access Permissions): Set the user access to the app sections.
Step 6 (Publish): Publish the app.
There are 3 different methods to start creating an application in Quixy.
- Go to the Dashboard page.
- Click on .
- You will have two options to download a created application or build an application from scratch.
- To download a created app (solution), click on any solution.
- Click on the download button.
- To build an app from scratch, click on the Create New App option.
- On dashboard page, click on the Admin Menu .
- Hover your cursor on the Apps option and click on the Create App option.
- Click on the Admin Menu .
- Hover your cursor on the Apps option and click on the Manage Apps option.
- Click on the Create App button.
You will land on the Name page, which the first step in the application building process.
- Select a workspace from the Select Workspaces drop-down, and it is a mandatory field.
- Enter a Name to the application, enter Description to define the application, and click on Next.
You will land on the Form Builder page, which is the second step in the application building process.
FORM BUILDER STEP
On this page, you will build your application user interface by just dragging and dropping the Form Elements onto the Form Builder Pane and defining its properties.
Form elements can be seen on the left pane of the form builder, as shown below.
- You will find different types of element fields on the left side of the page to capture the user details.
- Drag an element field from the left pane and place it on your form builder pane.
- Click and hold on to the form element to move its position or to adjust its size.
- Click on the form element in the form builder pane. You can find a small properties pane pop-up on the right side of the form builder page where you can rename the field and change that particular field element's properties according to your application requirements.
- Click on the Next button.
You can preview the app form to understand the look and feel of the app either as a desktop view or tablet view by clicking on preview button at the bottom of the page.
What are the form elements?
Form elements are the fields that capture the user data in the application when a user enters the data in the element fields while using the application.
functionalities of the form elements are explained separately and links are given below.