An overview of publish step in the application building process
Publish is the final step in the application development process. Here you can set the outcomes of the application and publish the application.
The publish page has multiple fields collaborated together, divide these fields into different sections for better understanding, as explained below.
Note: In actual in publish page, fields are not segregated by sections, all the fields are unique.
Section 1: Drop-down Fields
There are 3 drop-down fields in publish page, as shown below.
Select 3 Field Elements to show data in tasks drop-down field
This drop-down displays all the element fields in the app, you can select any 3 fields. The data of these 3 fields will display along with the task message.
For Example: Let us take a leave application. If an employee applies for leave, his/her manager will get a task to approve or reject the application.
Now, let us assume, the leave application has been created with 3 fields, i.e., Employee Name, Leave Date and Type of Leave (Privileged Leave, Comp Off, etc), while publishing the leave application if you select Employee Name, Leave Date and Type of Leave fields in the Select 3 Field Elements to show data in tasks drop-down.
According to the above example, the data of these fields will display in the task that is generated for the manager.
Redirect To drop-down field
This drop-down field has 6 options and each option is a unique occurrence. This field leads the platform to automatically redirect you to the selected occurrence after submitting a record in the app.
The functionality of the options is explained below:
- Dialog popup
- Add Record
- App Data
- View Record
- Print Record
- Click on the Redirect To drop-down field to see the options.
After adding a record in the application, platform will display a pop-up, as shown below.
- If you click on the Add button, the same application will open in Add Record mode.
- If you click on the View button, the latest record that is added in the app will display in view (Read-only) mode.
- If you click on the Print button, platform will show you the print options for the application.
- If you click on the Back button, you will be redirected to the main dashboard page.
After adding a record in the app, platform will automatically redirect you to the Add Record page of the same application.
After adding a record in the app, platform will automatically redirect you to the Initiated page where you can see all the history of the data that you entered and submitted in the app.
Tip: You can navigate to Initiated page from User Profile -> My Activities -> Initiated
After adding a record in the app, platform will automatically redirect you to the main dashboard.
After adding a record in the app, platform will open same app as a report where you can see the data of latest record in read-only mode.
After adding a record in the app, platform will open a print pop-up to print the submitted section along with the latest data.
App Open Link drop-down field
The App Open Link field directs the application to open in Add Record mode or App Data mode based on the selected option when you open the application after publishing it.
App Open Link drop-down has the following options.
- Add Record
- App Data
The Add Record option directs the application to open in the Add Record mode whenever you open the application.
App Data in App Open Link
The App Data Option directs the application to open its app data whenever you open the application.
Section 2: App Icon and Comments
Choose app Icon
This option is to set an icon for the application.
- Click on the Choose App Icon.
- A Select Icon pop-up will display on the screen. Select an appropriate icon.
- The icon of the application will be seen updated.
You can use this comments box to write summary of the app, these comments will be visible only to the app builder. These comments can be extremely helpful at any point of time like when restoring the previous versions of the app.
Section 3: Publish Settings (Check boxes)
Enable App Review
This option enables the application to review all its submitted records either by a user or by users in a particular role.
- If you check the Enable App Review checkbox, two new drop-down fields will display.
- App Reviewer Type
- App Reviewer
- Click on the App Reviewer Type drop-down, It displays two options Role and User.
- If you select Role, the App Reviewer drop-down displays the Roles list in that workspace.
- If you select User, the App Reviewer drop-down shows the Users list in that workspace.
Enable Unique Records
This option is to restrict/warn the users to add only unique data in the form elements of the application every time they submit a record. It will restrict/warn adding any duplicate records.
- If you check the Enable Unique Records checkbox, two new drop-down fields will display.
- Unique Record Type
- Unique Record Elements
- Click on the Unique Record Type drop-down. It has two options.
- Warn: Select this option, if you want to give a Warning Message when the users enter a duplicate value.
- Restrict: Select this option, if you want to restrict record submission when the users enter a duplicate value.
- The Unique record Element drop-down will show all the elements in the application. Select the elements for which you want unique values.
Enable Custom View option
This option allows you to select the form elements of an app and display the data of only those form elements in Initiated.
Note: In Initiated page, platform stores all the App Data. You can navigate to Initiated page from User Profile -> My Activities -> Initiated
- If you check the Enable Custom View checkbox, it enables a Custom View App Data Elements drop-down field with the list of all the form elements in the application.
Enable Embed App
This option generates an link of the app that can be accessed by anyone (the person need not be a user in Quixy), same as the google form.
- Check the Enable embed App checkbox.
- The Redirect to drop-down will have External Link option added in the list.
- Select the External link option from the Redirect to drop-down.
- It enables a text box, External Link.
- Provide a valid external link. It could be any image link or page link.
- After adding a record in the application, the page redirects to the external link you provided.
- When you check Enable Embed App checkbox, it creates an Embed link for the application.
- After publishing the application, click on the 3-dot button on the top right corner of the application view page.
- Select the Copy Embed App Link option to copy the app's embed link.
- You can give the embed app link to any user to add records in that application and it is not mandatory that the user is registered in Quixy.
- When you open the link in a browser, the application will open just like a google form.
Enable Web hook option
Web hooks are designed to support external 3rd Party Systems to push data to Quixy Apps. To push data to Quixy app, the app must have a web hook enabled API.
Learn more about how to configure webhook
Enable Previous Next
This option will enable the Previous and Next navigation buttons to navigate between the sections in the add record page of an application, as shown below.
User can click on the Next button to open another section to fill the details, as shown below.