An overview on how to create a data table using excel
- On Quixy dashboard page, click Admin Menu> Database > Create Data Table.
- Select Create using Excel > Next.
- On Create Data Table by importing Excel page, click Download Sample.
- Open the Sample Excel that downloaded on your personal computer.
- In Excel, you will find 4 different columns along with some data under it.
|1||Element Type||List of all the Element Fields present in the data table creation page.|
|2||Field Name||It is a property present in the Properties of all the Element Fields to rename the it.|
|3||Default Value||It is a property present in the Properties of all the Element Fields to define a default value. The default value may change from one Element field to the other.|
|4||Required||It is one of the Validation Settings property to define the Element Field as a mandatory field.|
- Edit the data in the excel sheet according to your requirements.
Caution!: If you enter any invalid data in the excel sheet and upload it. You will not get the desired out come.
Example: If you enter anything other than True or False in the Required column of the excel sheet for a particular Element Field and upload it. The property will remain unchanged for that particular Element Field in the data table creation page.
- Save the excel sheet.
- On Create Data Table by importing Excel page, click Upload Excel.
- Upload the excel that you downloaded and edited.
- Click Next.
- The Element Fields present under the Element Type column in the excel sheet will automatically populate in the data table builder canvas along with the defined properties.
- On Create Data Table page, give a Name to the data table and select a Workspace.
- Select Key Type.
- Select Key Value.
- Click Save.
- The system will ask your permission to create Basic CRUD Functions.
- If you select NO, the system will save the data table without creating the CRUD Functions.
- If you select YES, the system will create the CRUD Functions and then save the data table.
- You can see the newly created data table in the data table list page.