An overview on Roles
Roles are generally referred to as the Designation of the employees in an organization. Users play their part in Quixy according to the roles assigned to them.
For example: In general, we know that employees in any organization can apply for leaves and it will be approved by their managers and finally by their HR. So, here, the users who are all given the employee role will apply for leave, the user who has the manager and HR roles will approve the leave.
How to create a role?
- Click Admin Menu, hover your mouse courser on the Users option, and select +Create User from the Roles section.
- A New Role pop-up will display on the screen. Enter the role name, give a description of the role and click Save.
- You will be able to see the new role added to the Roles list page.
How to assign a role to a user?
- Click Admin Menu, hover your mouse courser on the Users option, and select Assign Role from the Roles section.
- You will land on the User Roles page.
- Click +Add User Role on the top right corner.
- A New User Role pop-up will display on the screen.
- Select a Workspace in which the role will be saved and the users under that selected role will have access to all the apps, data table, etc in that workspace.
- Select a User(s) and select a Role(s) that you want to assign to them.
- Click Save.
- After assigning the roles, on the User Roles page, You can select a workspace on the top right corner of the page and you will see all the users along with the roles assigned to them.
- If you want to add any new roles to a user, click on the + button and add a new role. Refer to the image below.