Features and properties of Form Elements (Advance)
Check List Form Element
The checklist element field is to select multiple values from the list of values inside the lookup.
Add Check List-Properties
- Field Name: Field Name is a unique name for the app elements.
- Label Name: Label Name is to set the label for the element.
- Select Lookup: This is to select the lookup, which has the predefined list of values.
- Description: The description is to set the description for the element.
Properties like Field Name, Label Name, Help Text, Required field and Hidden Field have the same feature as in the Check List element and it is the same for all the Advanced element fields.
Location Form Element
The location element field is to redirect the page to maps and set the location on the map. It shows the location that you have placed on the map.
Select Default Location: This is to set the default location for the element.
Label Form Element
The label element field is to put a subheading or a paragraph to make the user experience better. It has a Sub Heading and Paragraph as sub-categories.
This element field is to put a sub-heading in the application, giving you better user experience.
- You can preview the application to see the heading, as shown below.
This element field allows you to put a written paragraph in the application according to your requirements. It is not editable in the application.
- You can define the paragraph in the properties, as shown below.
- The paragraph can be shown in the application, as shown below.
Link Form Element
This element field aims to put hyperlinks into an application that helps navigate between pages directly using the hyperlink.
- Link: You need to give a valid accessible hyperlink in the field.
ESignature From Element
This element field is to capture your digital signature in the application. It is for authentication purposes.
- You can add this ESignature element in your application, which displays a button sign here in the application, as shown below.
- When you click on the Sign here button, a popup with a blank white space is visible on the screen to put your digital signature.
- Provide the signature and click on the Save button.
- Click on the Clear button to remove the signature.
Divider From Element
This element field is to display a line/divider on the application page. You can place this element field in the application to divide two sections and enhances its look.
- When you use this Divider element in your application, it shows a divider line between the elements you have put in the Divider element field.
Filler Form Element
This element field is to create a space/gap between two elements or where ever you need to create a space/gap in the application.
- You can place filler between two elements, as shown below.
- You can see a gap in the application in app preview, as shown below.
Auto-generate Form Element
This element field automatically generates a field value by starting from a value you have defined in the field properties.
For example: If you set the properties of Auto generate element as follows.
- Field Name: Employee id
- Label Name: Employee id
- Prefix: EID
- Starts From: 001
- Prefix: This is the value displays before the auto-generated value.
- Starts From: This field sets the starting value from which the numbering begins.
Image Form Element
This element field displays an image where ever you want in the application.
- Upload Image Button: This button is to insert an image from your computer's database.
- Select: This is to set the size of the image you want to apply.
This element field retrieves stored information of a user into the application directly without any manual entry request.
- Open the properties window for QR code by clicking on the element field.
- You need to select an element field from the drop-down in the properties. It generates a QR code whenever you put some value into that field.
- The drop-down displays all the elements that are present in the builder pane.
- Here, for this application, we add the text box form element field to the QR code.
- In the preview page, you can see that there is no QR code visible on the page, as shown below.
- Whenever you enter a value in the Text box form element, it generates a unique QR code automatically, as shown below.
- It generates a unique QR code whenever the value in the Phone Number element field is changed.
Report Form Element
This element field adds a report to the application; the attachment can be from the existing reports on the Quixy platform, in the report element field's properties.
- Drag and drop the Report element field onto the form.
- Click on the Report element field, and a properties popup is visible on the right side of the form.
- Users can select a report from Select Report drop-down in properties.
- Once you select a report, an Element Mapping button is displayed below the drop-down in the Properties popup as shown below.
- Click on Element Mapping to map the form elements to the report elements.
- An Element mapping popup is displayed, as shown below.
- Map the form elements to the report elements.
- Click on the Save button.