Properties of Dropdown Form Element
The drop-down element field is to select one or more values from a list of values. It has two categories.
This drop-down is to select only one value from the list of values.
- Multi-select drop-down
This multi-select drop-down is to select one or more values from the list of values.
The drop-down has two types of choices.
- Custom choices - You need to define the list of choices you want to display in the drop-down.
- Pre-defined choices – These are the pre-defined choices in a Lookup.
In this section below, only the creation of a basic lookup is explained for better understanding. More comprehensive view of creating, editing, deleting a lookup is explained in the other parts of Knowledge Base.
Please refer to those pages later in this Knowledge Base to get more information on lookups.
Setup Basic Lookups
A Lookup is a list of values combined and stored as one list.
Example: City lookup will contain a list of Cities.
State lookup will contain a list of States.
The country lookup will contain a list of Countries.
- You can select a lookup to place a list of pre-defined values in any drop-down while creating an application.
- Go to the Dashboard and click on the Admin Menu, select the database option and select the Lookups option.
- Lookups page will open on the screen.
- Click on the Select Workspace.
- Select a workspace where you want to create the Lookup, and access the Lookup only through that particular Workspace.
- Click on the Add Lookup.
- An Add Lookup pop-up is visible on the screen.
- Enter the lookup name.
- Click on the Save button, the lookup type is added to the list and displays a toaster message Lookup type added successfully, and it is visible in the Lookups List.
- Add the Lookup Values.
- Click on the Lookup Name to which you want to add the lookup values.
- You can see a Lookup values page open for that particular Lookup, click on the Add Lookup Value(s).
- Add Lookup Value(s) pop-up opens, as shown below.
- Add the Lookup values, as shown below.
- Click on the Add button to add a new field to the list, as shown below.
- Click on the Save button to save the values.
- You can see the lookup values, as shown below.