An overview on the best practices to follow while creating an Embed App
Here’s a quick checklist you need to focus before you create an embedded app:
Focus on the Workflow
- Once you navigate the workflow builder page in the app creation process, ensure that selecting roles in the start step would be selected as “Any One.”
- By default, the roles in the start step will be any user, and the app creator needs to change it to Any One to get access to the embedded app.
- Selecting anyone in the workflow start step will play a major part in the embedded app access.
- Selecting anyone tends to give access to end-users for the users of Quixy and non-users of Quixy.
Pre-requisites before publishing app
- Once your app creation is done, you will be on the app publish page, where you can also enable the embedded app feature for the app you will create.
- Those which apps have selected this option in the app publish page will only get the option to copy the app link and share it with the end-users.
- Immediately after clicking on the “Enable Embed App” check box, you will get a pop-up to final confirmation and click on Yes and publish the app.
Get embedded app access link
- This is the last step to know how to get the app link you can share with the end-users and perform an action.
- Immediately after publishing the app, you will be redirected to the view mode of the app created.
- Click on the three dots button, and there you will see the option to copy the embedded app link. After clicking on that, an app link is copied to your clipboard, and you can paste it in your messenger or mail and share it with your end-users.
BEST PRACTICES WHILE YOU CREATE A EMBEDDED APP
- Whenever you create an embedded app, make sure to use drop-downs that were ever required for the easy understanding of data entry by the users in a unique format. For example, if you give a text box input in the place of drop-downs, the users might have entered the data in a way where the form owner cannot understand properly.
- Usage of help text for almost all the fields makes the user more understand the data they want to enter and submit. The help text would be like the format of the date, PAN card like that.
- Whenever you use the references in the embedded application, make sure to disable the reference output fields using business rules or access permissions in app creation. This is because there may be a chance of modifying the output data of a reference by the end-users. To overcome this data modification, it is better to disable the output fields of a reference in the embedded apps.
- Use subheadings/paragraphs where ever required to separate the data entry category for easy understanding for the end-users to enter data easily without any doubts about what type of data they want to enter. Like personal details, current address, permanent address, and education details, etc.,