An overview of how to create an Add Function
Add function enables the data table to store the data coming from an application.
Create an Add Function
- Go to the main Dashboard click on the Admin Menu > Database > Data Tables.
- You will land on the Data Tables List page.
- Choose a data table for which you want to create data table functions and click Manage Functions under Actions column.
- You will land on the Data Table Functions page.
- Click +Add New Function.
- You will land on the Add Data Table Function page.
- Select Add radio button.
- Give a Name to the data function.
- Select the Input Elements for which you want to store the data in the data table.
- Check Ignore Duplicates checkbox, if you want to ignore the duplicate records.
- Select an element from the Split on Field drop-down to segregate the data of that field (Checklist or multi-select drop-down ) and store it in different rows.
Example: When you have element fields like multi-select drop-down or checklist in app, and you have selected multiple options (4 options) in those element fields, while adding data in data table, the 4 options will be stored in 4 separate rows.
- Click Submit to save the data function.
- The data function can be seen in the data table function list page.
To get a visual understanding on how the Add function works in Quixy, refer to the video below.