An overview of how to manage your account profile
There are 2 different sections in user's profile:
- My Profile: This section contains the logged in user's personal information as well as individual account related preferences/settings.
- My Activities: This section provides information about all the activities that the logged in user performed in the individual account. Learn More about My Activities.
In this article, you will learn about the My Profile section:
My profile section has seven different sub-sections:
1. My Profile: This sub-section contains personal information of the logged in user like First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Gender, and DOB along with access to their manager's contact information.
2. Password: This sub-section is to manage the account's password. Individuals can change their password whenever necessary and as required.
3. Roles: This sub-section provides information about all the roles that are allocated to the logged in user for different workspaces in their organization.
4. Notifications: In this sub-section, logged in users can set their notification preferences, i.e., choose to turn on/off Email and SMS notifications for different types of activities as listed below:
4.1. Task Created: An Email and SMS notification will be sent to the logged in user, when a task is created for the logged in user from a workflow or recurring tasks.
4.2. Task Completed: An Email and SMS notification will be sent to the logged in user, when an assigned task is successfully completed..
4.3. Task Escalation: An Email and SMS notification will be sent to the logged in user when a task is not completed within the given time period by the team member.
4.4. Task Reminder: An Email and SMS notification will be sent to the logged in user to remind them to complete an assigned task within the given time period.
4.5. Role Changes: An Email & SMS notification will be sent to the logged in user, when a new role is assigned or the existing role is changed/removed.
5. Preferences: In this sub-section, the logged in user can know about their account preferences (i.e., Time Zone, RTL, Calendar, and E-signature).
Users can add their e-signatures to their profile, and it can be generated by three means:
- Draw signature
- Uploading a signature
- Putting a text that can be auto-converted into a signature with the preferred font style.
This E-signature can be utilized in apps through the User Detail form field whenever a user's e-signature is required, eliminating signature errors.
6. Multi factor: This sub-section is used to add an extra layer of security to the logged in user account, i.e., they can use multiple authentication factors for verification before logging in to the account.
To activate the Multi factor authentication:
- Users need enable the Multi Factor.
- User can choose a verification method among the three verification methods (Google Authenticator, SMS and Email) available which ever he/she is comfortable with.
6.1. Google Authenticator:
- If you choose Google Authenticator as your extra layer of verification, there is a process to establish it.
Google Authenticator is a mobile security application based on two-factor authentication (2FA) that helps to verify user identities before granting them access to websites and services.
- Click on the Google Authenticator link, as shown below, to download the app.
- Open the Google Authenticator app and scan the QR code present in the multi factor page to connect the Google Authenticator with Quixy.
- The Google Authenticator app will get connected with the Quixy server and generate a new verification code every 30 seconds.
- The verification code can then be used when logging in to the Quixy platform.
6.2. SMS & Email
- If you choose SMS/email as your extra layer of verification.
- A SMS or email will be sent with a verification code every time to your registered mobile number or email address to login.