An overview of how to add comments by mentioning a team member while adding a record in an application
Users can add comments in an application by tagging a person who belongs to that workspace in which the app is created after submitting a record in the application to get a solution from the tagged person. The tagged person will get a notification from the app where the user was tagged.
How do I add a comment in an app?
- Open the Add Record page of an application and submit a record in the app.
- Go to User Profile and click on the My Activities
- You will land on my activities page.
- You will find 4 options on my activities page.
- Initiated: You can view the records initiated by you from an app.
- Participated: You can view the status of the records from the apps that you are part of.
- Requests: You can view the status of the tasks requested by you.
- Drafts: You can view the status of the records from the apps that you are part of.
- In Initiated, you should select the workspace and app from which you have initiated the record.
- You can see the submitted record in the grid.
- Click on the eye icon to view the record.
- The record will open as an app with the data in read-only mode.
- You will see a notification icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the notification icon to add comments.
- A comments pop-up will open on the screen.
- Users can enter @ in the comment section to see all the users present in that workspace.
- Users can select the Email ID of the person to tag that person in the comment and add a comment.
- Click on the Send button.
- The comment will be added in the Comments Section.
If you add a comment without tagging any person in the workspace, no notification will be triggered to any person in that workspace.
- A notification will be sent to the person to whom you tagged.
- The tagged person can click on the notification to see the app’s record in which he/she was tagged.