Creating an application in Quixy is a 6-step process. The steps are as given below.
Step 1 (Name): Naming the application.
Step 2 (Form Builder): Build the UI of the application using a simple drag-and-drop method.
Step 3 (Workflow): Design the process flow of the application.
Step 4 (Business Rules): Define the business logic.
Step 5 (Access Permissions): Set the user's access to the app sections.
Step 6 (Publish): Publish the app.
There are 3 different methods to start creating an application in Quixy.
- Go to the Dashboard page.
- Click on the App Store
- You will have two options:
- Download a ready-to-use solution
- Build an application from scratch.
- To download a ready-to-use app (solution), select any available solution.
- Download the solution.
- To build an app from scratch, click on the Create New App option.
- On the dashboard page, click on the Admin Menu
- Hover your cursor on the Apps option and click on the Create App option.
- Click on the Admin Menu
- Hover your cursor on the Apps option and click on the Manage Apps option.
- Click on the Create App button.
You will land on the Name page, which is the first step in the application building process.
1. Name Step
- It is a mandatory field to select a workspace from the Select Workspaces drop-down list.
- Enter a Name for the application, enter a description to define the application, and click on Next.
You will land on the Form Builder page, which is the second step in the application building process.
2. Form Builder Step
On this page, you will build your application's user interface by just dragging and dropping the form elements onto the Form Builder Pane and defining their properties.
Form elements can be seen on the left pane of the form builder, as shown below.
- You will find different types of element fields on the left side of the page to capture the user's details.
- Drag an element field from the left pane and place it on your builder pane.
- Click and hold on to the form element to move it or to adjust its size.
- Click on the form element in the form builder pane. You can find a small properties pane pop-up on the right side of the form builder page where you can rename the field and change that particular field element's properties according to your application requirements.
- Click on the Next button.
2.1. Form Elements (Basic, Advanced, Reference)
3. Workflow Step: Workflow is the step where you define the business process flow(from one step to the other) in a series of steps that need to be completed sequentially, parallel, or conditionally as a tree structure to access the application.
4. Business Rules Step: A Business Rule is a statement or condition that imposes limitations on specific aspects of the app's form, such as the elements entered in the field of a particular element field or the characteristics of a given relationship in the element fields.
5. Access Permissions Step: You can define the Access Permissions according to the steps defined in the workflow page. You can allow and deny access to each step of the workflow to perform different actions with a section.
6. Publish the application.