Thanks for sharing your feedback!
Here’s a quick checklist before you create any report.
1. Focus on Data Source Collection Elements and label names:
- Once you start to get the report, you need to build a data source for it. For data source creation, select the required elements and provide the label names properly for ease of understanding.
2. Order of Columns:
- Once you arrive at the end of data source creation. Make sure to re-order the columns as per the requirements, like 1st, 2nd, and n.
Best practices to follow while creating a report
Here are a few points that might help you to create reports for end-users:
- Whenever you create a grid report, make sure to use grouping the elements and access like excel export and PDF export where ever required and give a proper name to better understand what the report is talking about.
- Make sure to use the fit to grid option while creating a report with fewer columns for smooth usage.
- Immediately after creating the report, give access to the respective roles in a particular workspace.
- Make sure to place the report in a custom menu for easy access by the end-users.
- On another note, when you want to create an actionable report. Create the data source type as a list screen instead of a report and add the required actions.
Was this article helpful?