An overview of how to use the pre-defined solutions in the App Store
These pre-built downloadable end-to-end solutions in the Quixy App Store are sets of different modules (like HR Solutions, COVID-19 Solution, Inventory Management Solution, etc.) which can be used by different organizations across different industries to use instantly, without having to configure a single thing like an application or a data table from scratch, for example.
When you download a solution, it will be downloaded into a separate workspace. All the apps, data tables, data sources, reports, list screens, etc will get saved in that workspace. The workspace will not be restricted only to the apps, data tables, etc. which were downloaded along with the solution; you can also create new apps, data tables, etc. which can make the solution more reliable for you.
How to navigate to the App Store?
On the dashboard page, click the App Store icon among the header icons to land on the Download Solutions page.
How to download and make changes to the solution?
On the Download Solutions page, you will find all the pre-built modules, as shown in the image below.
- Select a solution and click on it.
- You will see the solution open as a pop-up along with a description explaining the solution.
- You will see a Download button on the top-right corner of the pop-up.
- Read the description of the solution and click on Download.
- Before the solution gets downloaded, the platform creates a separate workspace with the same name as the solution, and then the solution gets downloaded into that workspace.
- After downloading the solution, the page will redirect to the workspaces list page where you can see the new workspace in which the solution has been downloaded.
- To assign an admin to the workspace, click Manage Admin, corresponding to the workspace.
- You will land on the Workspace Admin page. Click +Add Workspace Admin on the top-right corner of the page.
- A new Workspace Admin pop-up will display on the screen, allowing you to pick which users you want to appoint as workspace admins. Click Save.
- The workspace admins will have access to make changes to the apps, data tables, data sources etc.
How to customize the apps and data tables in a solution?
- On the dashboard page, click Admin Menu > Apps > Manage Apps.
- On the Manage Apps page, select the workspace in which the solution was downloaded to see all the apps present in the solution.
- Select the app that you want to customize and click Edit.
- You will land on the Name step.
- You will not be able to change the name of the application, but you will be able to make changes to all the other steps, i.e., Form Builder, Workflow, Business Rules, Access Permissions, and Publish.
- Click Next to land on the Form Builder page.
- In the Form Builder page, you can add new form elements, delete unnecessary form elements, and change the properties of the existing form elements.
- To learn about the form elements, refer to Form Elements Basic, Form Elements Advance, Form Elements Reference.
- After making the required changes, click Next to land on the Workflow page.
- On the workflow page, you can change the flow of the process by adding sequential, parallel and conditional steps.
- Click Next to land on the Business Rules page.
- On the business rules page, you can edit the existing rules, or if you want to add new conditions to the application, you can add new rules. Refer to this article to learn how to add business rules.
- Click Next to land on the Access Permissions page.
- On the access permissions page, you can change the section permissions down to the element level. Refer to this article to learn how to add access permissions.
- Click Publish.
Customize Data Tables
- On the dashboard page, click Admin Menu > Database > Data Tables.
- On the data tables list page, you should select the workspace in which the solution is downloaded, and you will find all the data tables related to that solution.
- Refer to this link to learn how to configure and make changes in Data tables.