An overview of syncing data from 3rd party databases into Quixy
This functionality makes it safer and easier for Org.admins to import data automatically into the Quixy database from 3rd party databases at regular intervals. With API calls and authentication, this functionality assures data confidentiality and credibility.
Typically this functionality can be used in transactional processes (such as Employee data sync). On the one hand, data is collected on an ongoing basis, and on the other, you can set up a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule for the collected data to be automatically synced into Quixy database.
How to configure Data Sync?
Before jumping into the configuration part, please ensure that you are ready with the below given points:
- Create a data table with all the required fields according to your premeditated plan.
- Obtain the APIs, Authentication details (if the API is secured), and JSON body from the 3rd party.
- The API supports only the POST method. It doesn't support GET method.
- Navigate to the Data Sync option using the GIF provided below.
- Once you land on the Data Sync configure page, as shown below, you need to provide all the details like APIs, Authentication details, Json body, etc.
- Because every configuration is different, begin by proving the Job Name first.
|Config. Option Number||Config. Option||Description|
|2||Operation Type||This option specifies the operation to be carried out. You can only Add data to the Quixy database right now.|
|3||Data Sync From||This option allows you to choose the mode in which you want to sync your data. API or External Database|
|4||API Type||This option allows you to choose the type of API you're utilizing. SOAP or REST|
|5||API URL||This is where you put the API that you got from a third party|
|6||Data format||This option allows you to choose the type of data format that will be used to fetch data into the Quixy database|
|7||Interval||This option allows you to select the intervals that will trigger the data sync|
|8||Start Time||This option allows you to specify the exact time at which the trigger point for updating the data in the Quixy database occurs|
|9||Authentication Type||This option allows you to bypass the security of secured APIs and choose None for an open API|
|10||Custom Headers||Define the headers|
|11||Input Mapping||This option is to define the Input Elements|
|12||Json Object||This is where you enter the JSON body obtained from a third party|
|13||Type||This option allows you to specify whether you want the synced data to be displayed as a grid or as individual fields|
- After providing all of the necessary information, you must map the data fields in the 3rd party's Json body to the data fields in the Quixy datatable to ensure no data discrepancy.
- Create the mapping and save the job, as shown below.
- Once the job is saved the data will be synced automatically according to the set interval. However, you will have the option to sync data manually on-demand.